HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 Reset the maintenance count instructions
Resetting the maintenance count.
After installing a maintenance kit, you should reset the printer's "Maintenance Count".
There are two ways to do this, depending on your firmware revision.
1. Turn the product off.
2. Turn the product on.
3. Press and hold down the OK button while the memory is counting. The memory starts counting at 000MB immediately after you turn the power on.
4. Continue to hold down the OK button until all three LEDs are illuminated.
5. Release the OK button.
6. Press the up arrow (Navigation) button until the message New Maintenance Kit appears on the control panel display. If New Maintenance Kit is not an option then you have an old firmware version (see below).
7. Press the OK button once. Your maintenance count is reset.
Some of the older firmware versions did not have the "New Maintenance Kit" option mentioned in the above procedure. In this case you can either update the printer's firmware to ad this feature or manually reset the maintenance count in the service menu as described below.
Enter the Service Menu -- Press the MENU button, and scroll through the list of menus until you see "SERVICE". Press OK.
Before you can enter the Service Menu, you will see a blank line on the screen where you are supposed to enter an access code:
On a LaserJet P4014, the access code is 05401408
On a LaserJet P4015, the access code is 05401508
On a LaserJet P4515, the access code is 05451508
Enter the code and press OK.
You will now be allowed into the Service Menu. Scroll through the list of options until you see, "Maintenance Count." Press OK.
Change the current maintenance count to "0" by pressing the number "0", and then pressing OK.
To confirm this, you can print an Information page.
Other Steps in HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015, P4515
- HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 fuser installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 transfer roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 cassette rollers installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 Reset the maintenance count instructions
- HP LaserJet P4014 , P4015 Tray 1 pickup and feed roller installation instructions