Reset the maintenance counter Lexmark T640 T642 T644
The maintenance counter tracks printer usage since the last maintenance kit was installed. At 300,000 pages a reminder will show up if a new kit hasn't been installed yet. After installing a new maintenance kit you should reset this counter so the reminder will not display prematurely.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the Checkmark button and the Right arrow > button while you turn the printer on. Continue holding the buttons until you see the words "Performing Self Test", then release the buttons.
3. The message "CONFIG MENU " displays on the control panel ; you are now in the Configuration menu.
4. Use the arrows to navigate and select Reset Maintenance Count from the menu options. The message "Rest Maint Cnt=Reset" will display onscreen. When the reset operation is complete, the menu returns to the Reset Maintenance Count screen.
5. To verify the new maintenance page count -- Select Maint Cnt Value from the CONFIG MENU. Press the Checkmark button to view the new value. When done, press the Back arrow button to return to the main Configuration menu.
Other Steps in Lexmark T640 T642 T644
- Installing the fuser Lexmark T640 T642 T644
- Installing transfer roller Lexmark T640 T642 T644
- Installing charge roller Lexmark T640 T642 T644
- Installing cassette pickup rollers Lexmark T640 T642 T644
- Reset the maintenance counter Lexmark T640 T642 T644