HP LaserJet P3005 Reset the maintenance count
Unlike other LaserJet printers, the LaserJet P3005 fuser does not store a programmable maintenance count. You won't find a maintenance interval or maintenance count in the printer's Service Menu, and when you print a Configuration page neither is listed.
HP has a menu option for a "New Maintenance Kit". You can follow the procedure below and select New Maintenance Kit although it doesn't seem to do anything.
Our experience has been that most P3005 series printers require maintenance every 60,000 to 120,000 pages.
Reset the maintenance count on an HP LaserJet P3005
1. Turn the printer on; as it begins the memory count, press and hold the Checkmark button (Select).
2. Continue holding the Checkmark button until all the LED service lights are illuminated and remain solid, and then release the Checkmark button.
3. The display will read "SELECT LANGUAGE"; use the UP/DOWN arrows to find the words "NEW MAINTENANCE KIT" and then press the Checkmark.
Other Steps in HP LaserJet P3005
- HP LaserJet P3005 transfer roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 Tray 2 Pickup roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 Tray 2 separation pad installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 Tray 1 pickup roller , separation pad installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 fuser installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 fuser drive gear installation instructions
- HP LaserJet P3005 Resetting the maintenance count