Installing the fuser Lexmark T640 T642 T644
1. Turn off and unplug the printer; and allow time for the fuser to cool.
2. The fuser wiper cover is on the top of the printer, where the paper stacks up as it leaves the printer. Squeeze the 2 latches together shown in picture below, and pull up to remove this cover.
3. Slightly open the redrive door at the back of the printer (see picture below), lift the left side of that door until the left side is free, then lift and clear the right side to completely remove the door.
4. At the top rear of the machine is the redrive exit (cap) cover. Lift up on the right side of the cover to remove it, see picture below.
4. Remove the 2 mounting screws labeled "A" in picture below, and then release the 2 mounting latches labeled "B" in picture below, then remove the redrive assembly.
5. Remove the fuser mounting screws, labeled "A" in picture below.
6. Disconnect the "B" and "C" connectors as shown in picture below.
7. Disconnect the fuser cable labeled "D" in picture below.
8. Pull the cables free, and remove the fuser.
9. The new fuser will have some black or orange plastic wedges that need to be removed before installing. Remove those wedges, and install the new fuser in reverse order of these steps.
10. If you purchased your new fuser at the exchange price, don't forget to send back your used fuser to PrinterTechs as a core exchange. Re-use the original box and packaging for safe shipping.