HP LaserJet 4100 transfer roller installation instructions
Installing the transfer roller.
Be very careful with this installation. Read this article as a caution, even though the article is for the laserjet 4000 and 4050, the 4100 is a very similar design.
With the printer facing toward you, open the top cover and remove the toner cartridge.
Special note: be sure to use the blue plastic hook tool as described below to gently remove your transfer roller. The little plastic retaining clips are fragile; and if you break the retaining clips when removing the transfer roller, replacement of the clips is very difficult.
You will find this blue plastic hook included in the box with your new transfer roller. Use the hook to carefully lift the left end of transfer roller up, then slide the transfer roller to the left to remove it from the right collar.
Make sure to remove the transfer roller gently and carefully.
When handling the replacement transfer roller be careful not to touch the black roller surface. Oils from your skin can adversely affect print quality. Some people recommend wearing latex gloves when handling the transfer roller but it isn't necessary if you are careful to only touch the ends. It is unlikely that you would ever notice poor print quality from accidentally touching the transfer roller's surface.
Insert the new transfer roller making sure the black plastic collar at the left end of the roller is oriented with the open end facing down.
Other Steps in HP LaserJet 4100
- HP LaserJet 4100 fuser installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 transfer roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 Tray 1 pickup roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 Tray 1 separation pad installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 feed and separation roller installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 D-shaped pickup rollers installation instructions
- HP LaserJet 4100 reset maintenance count instructions