Replacing the Transfer Belt (ETB, Transfer Kit) HP Color LaserJet 4700 4730 CP4005
You need to replace the Transfer Belt (also called ETB or Transfer Kit) when the message "REPLACE TRANSFER KIT" displays on the control panel. You may also need to replace the Transfer Belt prior to that message, if you are experiencing print quality issues that aren't resolved by replacing the toner or by performing Calibrations. If you aren't sure what you need to replace, give us a call @ 866-352-7108.
How to Replace the Transfer Belt , HP Color LaserJet 4700 4730 CP4005
1. Turn the printer off.
2. Open the top cover and the front cover.
3. Pull on the green handle at the top of the Transfer Belt Assembly to lower the Transfer Belt Assembly downward.
4. At the bottom of the Transfer Belt Assembly, on either side, are small blue latches. Press those latches in to release the assembly, while you lift the unit up, out, and away from the printer.
5. If you have a duplexing model printer, you may need to move the duplexing attachment from your old transfer assembly to the new transfer assembly. See picture below -- you simple turn your old transfer assembly over and remove screws 1 and 2 circled below to lift off the duplex assembly. Transfer that over to the new transfer belt assembly.
6. Install the new Transfer Belt Assembly, line up the the hinges so they lock into place.
7. Close the front and top covers.
8. After replacing the Transfer Belt, it's a good idea to perform a Full Calibration (or even several Full Calibrations in a row, if you are having print quality issues). Full Calibrations help with print quality by aligning the color tones, the drums, and the color plane. Each Full Calibration takes about 4 minutes. To perform a Full Calibration: Press MENU to enter the menus. Press Down Arrow to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE. Press Checkmark to select CONFIGURE DEVICE. Press Down Arrow to highlight PRINT QUALITY. Press Checkmark to select PRINT QUALITY. Press Down Arrow to highlight FULL CALIBRATE NOW. Press Checkmark to select FULL CALIBRATE NOW. Wait for the printer to calibrate (usually takes 4 minutes or so), and then print a test page. If print quality still needs improvement, repeat the Calibration. If multiple Calibrations don't help, some of the toner cartridges may need replacement.
9. If you purchased this part with a core exchange, don't forget to send your used Transfer Belt assembly back to PrinterTechs. Re-use the original packaging for safe shipping.